Calculator and Project FAQS
We will add FAQS about the Calculator
Project, the code for the Calculator, and using the Calculator as we
If you have questions or comments about
the Calculator Project, e-mail us at this contact
Q: I tried using the Immediate Window to test a function by typing
?NORMSDIST(.2) but instead of a value, Visual Basic says "'NORMSDIST'
is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level."
A: One solution is to add a breakpoint, debug the program, and then
use the Immediate Window. Here are the steps:
- Click on the tab that says "Form1.vb" to open the "code
behind" space of Form1.
- Position your cursor on a blank line just below where it says "Public
Class Form1" and type 'this line can be used as a breakpoint. (The
apostrophe is important - it makes the line a "comment".)
- Put your cursor anywhere on that line and press the F9 key. This adds
a breakpoint on that line, which means the code stops execution when
- Now "debug" the program by clicking the green arrow in the
menu bar, or by pressing the F5 key.
- The program will run, but stop at the breakpoint. Now you can use
the Immediate Window and Visual Basic will know what ?NORMSDIST(.2)
means (or any other function in the project that returns a value).
- To remove the breakpoint, stop the debugging by clicking the blue
square box on the menu next to the green arrow, put your cursor on the
line where the breakpoint was added, and press F9 again.